If your creators are having trouble connecting their Instagram accounts to inzpire.me, you can share this article with them!
To connect Instagram to inzpire.me, you're required to have a Facebook Page connected to your Instagram Professional account (Business or Creator). This is a requirement from Facebook.
Some creators have a Facebook Page that’s connected to their Instagram Professional account, but are having trouble locating it during the connection process.
Here's how to fix it!
Troubleshooting Instagram connection on inzpire.me
When you create a Facebook Page connected to your Instagram account, Facebook will also automatically create a Facebook Business Manager for you.
Facebook makes your Facebook Business Manager the default "admin" of your Facebook Page.
This is why your Instagram Professional account, and the connected Facebook Page, isn't visible when you try to connect your Instagram to inzpire.me.
To fix this, you’ll need to disconnect your Facebook Page from your Facebook Business Manager.
Create a new Facebook Page
If you only have one Facebook Page connected to your Instagram account, you won't be able to disconnect it from your Facebook Business Manager.
To work around this, you need to create a new Facebook Page on Instagram and connect it to your Instagram profile. Here’s how:
1. Go to your Instagram profile and click on Edit profile. Click on Page under Public business information. Then, tap on Change or Create Page.
2. Next, select Create a New Facebook Page, fill in a name under Page Name. The title doesn’t need to be anything important. Select a category, then click Create.
3. Check that your new Facebook Page is selected and click Done.
Disconnect your Facebook Page from Facebook Business Manager
We recommend you access Facebook Business Manager on your desktop: https://business.facebook.com/settings/pages/.
1. Go to Facebook Business Manager on your desktop. Select your old Facebook Page (not the one you just created) and click Remove.
Confirm the removal of your old Facebook Page from your Facebook Business Manager by clicking Remove.
Your old Facebook Page is now disconnected from Facebook Business Manager.
Now, we'll switch the new Facebook page connected to your Instagram account to your old Facebook page.
2. To do this, go to your Instagram profile and click on Edit profile. Then, tap on Page under the Public Business Information section.
Click on Change or Create Page.
3. Make sure the old page and right page is connected. If your old page isn’t selected, select your old Facebook page and click on Done. Confirm your changes by clicking on Change or Create Page.
Connect your Instagram account to inzpire.me
1. Go to inzpire.me to connect your Instagram here.
Click Connect next to Instagram.
2. Type in your Instagram handle and select Continue.
If we found the right Instagram account, select Yes, Connect This Account.
Click Continue Connection to be redirected to Facebook to grant all Facebook permissions.
3. Click Choose What You Allow to ensure you’ve granted all permissions.
4. Toggle on Manage Your Business, then select the checkbox next to your Instagram Business account from the list.
Next, toggle on Access Profile and Posts From the Instagram Account Connected to Your Page, then select the checkbox next to your Instagram account from the list.
Scroll down and toggle on Access Insights for the Instagram Account Connected to Your Page, then select the checkbox next to your Instagram account from the list.
Lastly, toggle on Read Content Posted on the Page, then select the checkbox next to your Facebook Page from the list.
You've now connected your Instagram account!
Questions? Send us a chat!