What is KYC?
Know your customer (KYC) is a process used by banks to authenticate the identity of its clients. This procedure is used to ensure bank services are not being misused and to prevent identity theft, financial fraud, money laundering, and the financing of terrorism. This is required by European law and our payment provider: MangoPay.
When do I turn in KYC identification documentation?
Before withdrawing your payments from inzpire.me, you'll first need to undergo the
KYC process and offer some additional information to verify your identity.
How do I start the KYC process?
You can start the process by clicking on Wallet in the sidebar menu. Under KYC Verification Required, select Start Verification.
Your KYC verification process will vary depending on whether you're: (1) a Natural person, (2) a Sole trader, or (3) a Business.
Natural person: You're a private individual
Sole trader: You have a business, and you're personally liable for all aspects of the business, including any tax and financial debts
Business: You have a business that's a separate legal entity, and your business is liable for any debts
To verify your identity, you'll be asked to provide 2 or more of the following:
- Proof of identity: Scan your ID card (front & back), passport, driver's license, or residence permit.
- Date of birth: Select your date of birth from a dropdown.
- Proof of company registration: Provide a document that certifies the registration of your company. It must have been issued within the last 3 months.
- Company number: Type in your company number, which is given to you by your state authority.
- Articles of association: Submit a legal document that specifies what your company does, defines your company's purpose, and explains how your company is run.
- Ultimate beneficial owners (UBO) declaration: This refers to shareholders who own more than 25% of capital or voting rights in your business. Fill in the form in the UBO step. You'll be asked for your Full name, Country, Address, Nationality, City of Birth, Country of Birth, and Date of Birth.
If you're a Natural person, you'll be required to submit Proof of identity and your Date
If you're a Sole trader, you'll be required to submit Proof of identity, your Date of birth, and Proof of company registration.
If you're a Business, you'll be required to submit Proof of identity, your Company number, your Date of birth, Articles of Association, and UBO declaration.
If you're a creator from Norway, Sweden, or Finland, you can find the information required to complete the KYC process here:
Once you upload the necessary documents, click Submit Verification Request. Your request will be reviewed and processed within 72 hours.
Once your identity is verified by our payment provider, you'll be able to request a payout as you would normally.
Is this process safe?
When you send information to complete the KYC process, your data is not stored on inzpire.me. It's stored with our payment provider, MangoPay, who is an EU licensed and regulated financial institution.
MangoPay has security measures in place, which includes encryption and other measures, to guarantee the confidentiality and security of your data. You can read more about how your data is secured here: https://www.mangopay.com/privacy/
Any questions? Feel free to send us a chat!