Before launching your first conversion campaign on inzpire.me, you need to set up a tracking domain and add a tracking script to your website to accurately track your results.
The setup process is very similar to setting up a Facebook pixel, and can be done with the help of your Product team. This only needs to be done once per domain.
To get started, identify who can help you in the Product team. It should be someone who has access to your domain.
Then, share this article, which will take them through the steps they need to set up the tracking domain and script.
Register your custom tracking domain
First, you need to add a CNAME record to your domain host. Your domain host is typically where you’ve purchased your domain name, such as GoDaddy, Namecheap, Hostinger, DreamHost, or BlueHost.
To do this:
1. Go to your domain host’s website and sign in.
2. Grab your unique CNAME record for your domain from inzpire.me.
3. Add a new record to your DNS, selecting CNAME as the record type.
4. In the Label/Host field, enter inzpire.me.
5. In the Destination or Target field, enter digateentsodity.com.
6. Save your record.
Then, follow the next step.
Set up your conversion tracking script
Next, you need to add a conversion tracking script to your website.
This script can be added directly to your “Thank you” page or trigger on a “Purchase” event in Google Tag Manager.
If you’re adding the script directly to your “Thank you” page:
1. Grab your tracking script from inzpire.me.
2. Log into your CMS and access your site’s code for the “Thank you” page.
3. Add the script in the Body Section of the “Thank you” page.
4. To pass data, such as sales and AOV, to inzpire.me, insert the “variable” values.
If you’re using Google Tag Manager:
1. Go to Google Tag Manager, and click Add a new tag.
2. Click Choose a tag type to begin setup.
3. Use search to find Custom HTML.
4. Copy your tracking script from inzpire.me.
5. Then, paste it. Click to Choose a trigger to make this tag fire and create a trigger.
6. Give your tag a name and save.
7. To pass data, such as sales and AOV, to inzpire.me, insert the “variable” values to the Google Tag Manager Data Layer.
That’s it! Now you’re ready to set up your conversion campaign.