Follow these step by step instructions to complete a booking request:
1. When a creator you manage receives a booking, you’ll receive an email notification or a push notification on our mobile app.
To find the booking request, you’ll need to access the creator's account by going to Accounts in the sidebar menu. Here, you’ll find a pending booking request.
Note: This is where you’ll find an overview of your creator's collaborations. They’ll be organized by status: pending, accepted, due, delivered, completed, and declined.
2. Click on the request. You’ll be redirected to the booking request page, which contains the brief. The brief will include a short description of the collaboration, what the brand wants to accomplish with the collaboration, the date the brand wants you to publish the posts by, and other pertinent information.
The brand also sets a Budget based on your creator's average fee. This budget may be higher or lower than your creator's average fee depending on the scope of the booking. It’s up to you to decide if you’re willing to accept the deviation from your creator's average fee.
Note: If your selected payment currency differs from the brand's, there will be two approximated budgets, one in USD ($) and one in Euro (€). Our exchange rate is based on data provided by Yahoo Currency Converter. The exchange rate will not be locked in until you accept the booking request, so the final budget may vary.
You can decide whether to accept or decline the booking request.
You’re also welcome to negotiate the terms of the booking, such as the delivery date, by sending a message to the brand.
If the budget isn’t high enough, you can request a higher fee by clicking Decline Request. Select The budget is not high enough as your Decline Reason. You’ll be given an option to send a counter-offer. Type in a new fee and click Send Counter-Offer. The brand will normally get back to you in a few days.
You can also send them any questions that you may have. If the brand agrees to the requested changes, the brand will edit the booking request.
3. If you accept the request, the brand will fund the booking. The funds will be kept secure with our payment provider, Mangopay, and neither you nor the brand will be able to access the funds.
After you accept the request and coordinate with your creator, the creator can begin the collaboration. We don’t recommend that your creator begin working on a booking before the payment from the brand is verified. If the brand hasn't funded the booking, and there’s two days or less until the delivery date, you’ll be able to cancel the booking. The cancellation button will appear on the booking page.
4. When the booking is completed, you may be required to upload your creator's sponsored content and their results. This will depend on the type of booking your creator received.
You can find step-by-step instructions on how to upload content and their results for each type of booking here.
Then, click Mark as Delivered. You’ll be asked to confirm the delivery of the booking.
The brand will confirm the booking has been delivered by clicking Mark as Complete. The funds will then automatically be transferred to your Wallet. A 10% service fee will be deducted from the payment.
Managed creators cannot withdraw funds on our platform. You’re responsible for sending any payments over to your creators after making a payout.
5. You and the brand will be asked to give each other a review that will be visible on your creator´s profile. inzpire.me is built on trust, so it’s important to give honest and fair feedback.
Have questions? Send us a chat!